Drivve | DM Release Notes Version 8
Release Notes 8.0.1737 (28.12.2020)
- If a document name contains invisible newline characters, opening the document in the viewer causes an error.
- Under certain conditions, no new document version can be created.
- Under certain conditions, inherited filing permissions are not applied correctly.
- Sending an .eml file as attachment fails.
- Public sharing of .eml files fails with an error.
Release Notes 8.0.1727 (11.09.2020)
- Claiming or completing a workflow may take very long, if this workflow is linked to a space, which itself is linked to many workflows. To improve the speed, the linked workflows within a space with be limited the last 500 workflows by default. This setting is configurable in the xml server settings file.
- In Safari, the filing filter in the document result list might now show all available filing path values.
Release Notes 8.0.1720 (19.08.2020)
- Index panel: The button "Save" is not activated if the user uses the tab key to switch through the index fields.
- Index fields of type currency do not show the second decimal place, if it is a 0.
- The email authentication type "None" does not work.
- Adding a document in the browser shows an error, if the field for the document name has not set the option "Show in Create dialog" in the Field manager set.
- Using the browser back button causes an error when used in the document viewer.
- Temporary journal files have been saved in the Windows temp folder on C:. Now they are saved below the database folder.
- If a document is added in the web browser and a filing path is selected manually, sometimes no filing path is displayed.
Release Notes 8.0.1709 (04.06.2020)
- Changing the reminder date of a workflow causes an error message under certain conditions.
- The color selection of annotations does not work with Google Chrome.
- The manual search with the field "Inbox" does not return any results.
Release Notes 8.0.1693 (01.04.2020)
- Without the permission to manage users, workflows cannot not be claimed and completed anymore.
Release Notes 8.0.1690 (26.03.2020)
- Optimization of background processes for improved performance in high load environments.
- After opening the document viewer within a workflow and jumping to the next workflow, the workflow details disappear.
- After a new install the max file transfer size is configured too small.
- The files BackupStart.bat and BackupStop.bat do not work anymore after they had been moved to Drivve DM\Tools\BatchFiles.
- The OCR background Service creates too many duplicate sessions.
- Document preview: Special characters in some documents are not displayed correctly.
- The function to reset the password is not working correctly.
Release Notes 8.0.1666 (06.01.2020)
- Creating a space in the web browser fails, if no space permission field is available in the creation page.
Release Notes 8.0.1661 (10.12.2019)
- In the Service Controller email settings, a new checkbox "User Administrators name" is available to send emails in the name of the administrator instead of the current Drivve | DM user. Sending with any user name is blocked on some email servers.
- Extended consistency checks in the Workflow archive.
- Optimized search for date ranges.
- Currency values are not always displayed correctly in list columns.
- If HTTPS is activated, the Drivve | DM Service Controller might not start again.
- If a new space is created and multiple permissions are assigned to this space, the space permissions are not saved correctly.
Release Notes 8.0.1629 (31.10.2019)
- Single Sign-On with Active Directory does possibly not work after the last Update. A configuration option is written incorrectly, if the settings are updated in the Service Controller.
- After updating a space name, its sub-spaces still display the old main space name.
- In case a large number of space names are updated - e.g. by a Drivve Job Space Import - the background process of updating linked documents can slow down the server performance.
Release Notes 8.0.1618 (23.10.2019)
- The full text index is not correctly created in Drivve | DM since the last update.
- If a digitally signed document is downloaded with the option "Include Annotations" and the document has no annotations, the downloaded file is empty.
Release Notes 8.0.1610 (16.10.2019)
- Saving the index values with "Save Workflow & Index values" does not remove the document from the inbox, if the checkbox "Move out of inbox" is checked.
- When creating a new version of a clipped document, the clipping panel displays all versions.
- Number fields in space list columns are always displayed as decimal number.
- Document viewer: The number of document pages is not shown correctly in the French localization.
- Improve error handling when importing booking ledgers and the import fails.Support for CSV files with Byte Order Mark (BOM).
- Journal: The time in the version history is shown as HH:MM instead of the correct time.
- When downloading multiple files at once, under rare conditions, some files may not have the correct name.
- Improved french localization.
- Improved error handling, in case the configuration file dm.conf cannot be read.
- After creating a new document version, the full text index is not always updated with the content of the new version.
- If the database update is manually started with the option "Re-apply all Updates", a database key is set, which might slow down the search performance for Workflows.
Release Notes 8.0.1553 (15.08.2019)
- The latest Windows update from the Microsoft August patch-day (KB4512508, KB4511553, KB4512501, KB4512516 and KB4512507) is causing an error after starting the Xml-Server and the Drivve | DM Service Controller.
- In Firefox, IE and Edge, creating a new space causes an error.
- Assigning a custom workflow title when creating a new workflow has no effect. The default title is set after saving the workflow.
- The selection "Move out of inbox" is not remembered for the next document in the inbox.
- If a workflow is created with "Save workflow and index", a space entered for the document is not linked to the workflow.
Release Notes 8.0.1539 (01.08.2019)
- The first workflow step of a template or a workflow created from a template can be removed manually now.
- Deleting multiple documents from the Inbox with "Remove from Inbox" set causes an error.
- A user is assigned multiple times to the same workflow step, if a group is assigned, multiple users must claim and one person is/was the substitute of another of this group.
- The Journal does not show all available entries.
- The Journal is not displayed correctly, if the document name is very long.
- The Journal does not show any entries for documents in the trash.
- The Journal sometimes shows change entries with no details.
- Mandatory fields are not always marked as mandatory.
- Under certain conditions, no additional workflow step can be added to a new Workflow based on a template.
- Under certain conditions, the permission check for accessing a document in the web browser may return an error.
- In Firefox, the layout of the substitute configuration within the user management is not correct.
Release Notes 8.0.1489 (31.05.2019)
- The Xml-Server is starting faster when the database has a large journal.
- Better handling of user input in index fields with currency data type.
- If the space selection is not part of the current index set, saving the index is causing an error.
- Searching by date range is including the day before the start day into the search.
- If a workflow is selected from a saved search, the button "Claim" might not be displayed.
- If a workflow is selected from a saved search, and the document index is saved, the button "Claim" and "Cancel Workflow" disappear.
- If a workflow is selected from a saved search, the workflow status bar might not be displayed.
- A user without the permission "View Spaces" can still assign a space to a workflow.
- If a user has no permission to a main space while selecting it from a sub space, there is no clear error message.
- If the workflow search is searching for a workflow template name with brackets in the name, no result is found.
- After a fresh install, the initial information page in the browser is blank.
- Creating the support.zip might fail.
- Field Manager: Drivve | DM Field Manager Release Notes
- Jobs: Drivve Jobs Release Notes Version 8
- Desktop Client: Drivve | DM Desktop Client Release Notes Version 8
Release Notes 8.0.1446 (06.05.2019)
- If PDF document with text annotations is downloaded and viewed in an external PDF application, the text annotations are not always displayed correctly.
- The initial Dashboard items are always in English. They should be in the language of the selected database template.
- The dashboard search of inbox documents is not showing the same results as the inbox page.
- If the document index is saved in the workflow detail full view, the workflow action buttons disappear.
- If a workflow is completed in document full view and the next workflow is displayed, the upper workflow status bar is not always visible.
- If the personal substitute settings are edited, the save button is not always becoming active.
- The right "Assign Permissions" does enable Filing Permissions instead of "Rights".
- With limited permissions, creating a workflow template may fail due to permissions, although it should be possible.
- Sub-space not visible anymore in main space when moving a document from this main-space to the sub-space.
- Workflows search: A drop-down list of the search isn't closed after moving to another page.
- If PDF document with annotations is downloaded and viewed in an external PDF application, the annotations are not rotated with the document.
Release Notes 8.0.1430 (12.04.2019)
- Scrolling in the thumbnail view is not possible in the inbox, if the inbox is opened directly after login.
- If a not selected document is opened in the viewer with the -> icon and closed again, the document is marked as selected in the list, but it is not actually selected.
- Under certain conditions, a manually added workflow step is not added to the correct position.
- In Firefox digitally signed documents do not always show the blue signature ribbon in the viewer.
- Opening a previous document version from the journal, does not activate the previous/next buttons in the viewer to jump to the previous/next document in the original document list.
- Opening a document from the dashboard within the viewer, displays the dashboard document list as bottom panel in the viewer.
- Jumping to the next/previous inbox document within the viewer may cause an error.
- If a substitute is claiming a workflow and the substitute user is deleted, the workflow cannot be edited again.
- After a clean installation and after assigning the licenses, not all services are started.
- After changing the log folder, there are still some installation and update logs written into the default folder.
- Deleting a parent space does not delete the references in the sub spaces.
- The booking module is not activated for NFR and Living Office licenses.
- Sharing multiple documents via email may cause an error.
- If the local time zone is greater UTC+2, a date search for "today" is not always correct.
- Restoring a file from the recycle bin is not applied to the journal.
- A user with delete document permission could finally delete selected files from the recycle bin.
- Workflow navigation menu (previous wf, back to wf list, next wf) hidden when workflow document is opened in full view with index values.
- The proxy server sometimes hangs in debug mode.
- The standard index set may display too many fields in the browser upload page.
- If a user has the permission "Add Filing Object" only, the action can still not be executed.
- Opening an inbox document from the dashboard may cause an issue loading the index values.
Release Notes 8.0.1405 (01.04.2019)
- Opening a document from the Inbox in the PDF viewer and manually switching to the next document is causing an error.
Release Notes 8.0.1393 (29.03.2019)
- An error message was displayed when installing the software due to a problem with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime installation.
Release Notes 8.0.1386 (27.03.2019)
- In Firefox from Version 65, values in drop down controls are not always fully visible.
- The layout of the user settings dialog is not always correct.
- After the initial installation, the proxy port 8082 is not configured in the Windows firewall.
- Opening the index panel in the inbox, does not resize the PDF viewer correctly.
- PDF Viewer: "Next page arrow" is deactivated until some other navigation happens in the viewer.
- The CSV export fails, if the number of exported documents reaches a certain limit.
- Sorting the documents in the recycle bin is not working.
- Changing the field order in the default index set, is not applied in the page to save a new document.
- The default dashboard search for "My Inbox" might not show all documents of the inbox in certain cases.
- The status of the index panel (opened/closed) is not remembered correctly.
- Under certain conditions, incorrect drop down values are displayed in the index panel.
Release Notes 8.0.1363 (11.03.2019)
- A file download with Drivve Jobs or the Desktop Client fails, if the file is a PDF with text annotation and the file is not in the preview cache.
- The data base setup is not correctly executed during the Drivve | DM setup.
Release Notes 8.0.1350 (06.03.2019)
- The login with the french language selection fails.
- Under certain conditions the data base setup is not correctly executed during the Drivve | DM setup. It had to be executed manually after updating.
Release Notes 8.0.1340 (28.02.2019)
- Sub spaces show the number of the parent space in the header row.
- More efficient loading of thumbnails in the document result list.
- More efficient queries for the OCR background task.
- More efficient loading of the document list in the space view.
- Support for Windows Server 2019.
- Saving the "Rights" shows a busy cursor.
- The current sort order in result list is saved across user sessions.
- Improve the log output.
- If the user does not have filing permission to "Edit documents", the index panel would still allow editing. Only at the time of saving an error message was displayed. Now the user cannot edit the index in the first place.
- Searching for multiple values of the same field may not work correctly.
- Under certain conditions a failing file upload in the browser does not show an error message.
- The thumbnail view in the result list does not always activate the scroll arrows correctly.
- After changing the workflow data filter in the user preferences, the setting is not applied until the next login.
- The journal shows the oldest entries first.
- Saving specific text files takes very long.
- Opening a workflow via an URL is not jumping to the workflow detail view.
- Under certain conditions, saving annotations failed.
- Under certain conditions the HTML Server did not respond anymore.
- A document is not visible anymore, if the user has permission to the document via the inbox and this user creates a new version of the document.
- After migrating an old DM installation, some documents cannot be viewed in the PDF viewer.
- The workflow status view is not correctly aligned in the center.
- Saved workflow searches always contain the condition "Assigned To = Me", although substitutes must be found as well.
- The list of clipped documents is not refreshed, if the document is switched in the PDF viewer.
- Drivve | DM Cloud: The inbox filter may show Ids instead of user and groups names.
- If a user is added as substitute, removed again, this user cannot be selected anymore if this user should be added again right away.
- An externally signed PDF is not displayed as signed in Drivve | DM.
Multi-Select in index panel: editing a text field or the filing path does not automatically set the corresponding selection checkbox.
- Under certain conditions not all action buttons on the bottom are displayed.
- The result lists of views are sorted in the current page only.
- Space details: After removing the field for the space permissions from the index fields, the space cannot be saved anymore.
- The sorting of results in the dashboard is not working correctly.
Adding two workflow steps to an existing workflow right after another may cause the problem that the second task is not added to the correct position,
A large multi-selection of documents may cause an error.
The dashboard titles are not always displayed correctly.
Changing a space name and switching back to the result list still shows the previous name.
User Page: A long text with license information may overlay other parts of the page.
- In the page "Add a document", not all fields may be displayed for a defined index set.
- A field is not shown for an index set, if it is not also part of the default index set,
- Opening the clipping panel shows an annoying notification if no clipping document is available.
- The notes panel overlays the document view.
- Layout issue in user preferences in Spanish language.
- Under certain conditions it is not possible to select a document type.
- If the internal space number contains an invalid character, the space details are not displayed correctly.
- The buttons to claim/complete a workflow are hidden, after an annotation is saved.
Release Notes 8.0.1120 (28.11.2018)
- The update of an old database does not find the booking archive.
- If a user has no write permission on a document, the index panel is still editable and an error is shown when saving the changes.
- Refresh issue in the index panel in the space view after opening a second space without documents.
Release Notes 8.0.1105 (23.11.2018)
- Performance improvements when opening the space detail view.
- Updating multiple documents at once causes an error, if a currency field if part of the current index.
- Document list: The arrows for scrolling the thumbnail views is not reactivated after the browser window size is changed
- Document list: The sorting of the thumbnail views is not correct in certain conditions.
- User Management: Under certain conditions the user attributes between users may get mixed.
- The filing shortcut is not displayed in the index panel, if the filing shortcut has been created in the same user session.
- After saving a document annotation - which creates a new document version -, the index panel is still referencing the previous version. In the case that the user does not have any document permissions anymore after saving the index panel, this may cause an error.
- If the internal field OcrPending is not part of the OCR configuration, it is not added automatically.
- The value for the internal field OcrPending is written for all document types, and not only for the supported types.
Release Notes 8.0.1072 (02.11.2018)
The fix for "
The preview fails for certain MS Office documents" is applied only, if the full setup is executed. An Online Update will resolve all other issues, but for certain MS Office files, the preview might still fail.
- The maximum age for debug log files can be configured separately in the service controller.
- Improved error messages in the document preview, if the conversion service is either not available or the conversion takes too long.
- From Firefox version 63, radio buttons are not displayed correctly in Drivve | DM.
- Under certain conditions, the preview fails, if the user has no permission to download the file.
- The preview fails for certain MS Office documents. (Fixing this required a full setup update, no Online Update)
- After canceling annotation editing, no user input is possible anymore.
Release Notes 8.0.1062 (29.10.2018)
- The search requests for the OCR background task has been optimized to reduce the search time for large databases.
- The configuration of the OCR background recreation task has an additional setting to include files only, which do not have any full text index yet.
- After a workflow task has been opened via an URL and the workflow task is closed, the standard workflow list for the current user is displayed again.
- Document Viewer: The last status of the action buttons is saved to keep the settings for subsequent documents.
- If the space names are displayed in a document list, the space names are displayed in the same order as they have been assigned to the document.
- The number of thumbnail preview pages which are created when a document is uploaded can be configured in the Service-Controller.
- Under certain conditions, not all temporary files are deleted by the preview conversion service.
- The download of files is sometimes failing with Java 32Bit.
- Under a certain condition, digital signing a PDF document will fail.
- Assigning substitutes fails under certain conditions.
- If many files are uploaded at the same time, not all previews might be created after the upload.
- Optimization of the localization.
Release Notes 8.0.1035 (28.09.2018)
- Index values of type currency are saved with too many decimal places.
Release Notes 8.0.1033 (27.09.2018)
- The HTML server is not starting after an update from specific Versions 7 to Version 8.
- If a workflow task is added manually, the due dates of all steps might not be correctly re-calculated anymore.
- Fixes in the localisation
- After a filing shortcut has been deleted, it is not possible to add a new one.
- Some problems in Chrome in version 69.
- The search is slow, if the conversion service is stopped.
- Under certain conditions the HTML server does not work anymore.
- If Java 32Bit is used, a download error may occur if large files are downloaded.
- The booking panel is empty sometimes.
- Dashboard: The title is marked as mandatory, although a value has already been entered.
- If a document search contains an inbox user, the search includes the user "Me".
- The export of booking values contains too many decimal places.
Release Notes 8.0.1005 (07.09.2018)
- The date range for the "Recently created" documents and spaces can be configured on the server now. This can improve the initialization speed after login.
- Booking Panel. If the next document is displayed and the booking panel is opened, the panel shows the ledger account tab again.
- Copy/Paste text from the PDF viewer did not work correctly in all browsers. The line endings were not correct in cases.
- Resetting the filing path in the index panel did not reset the index set.
- Downloading multiple files as zip returned a 0 byte file.-
- A signature image with transparent background was added with black background into the document.
- If the database is larger than 2GB, the displayed value is negative.
- URL calls with an OR search condition did not provide the correct search results.
- The status of the index panel in the PDF viewer is saved across sessions.
- Under certain conditions, sending an email is not possible.
- Under certain conditions the trash cannot be deleted in Drivve | DM cloud.
- Split bookings, where the rounding of values does not match the exact value cannot be saved.
- Viewing a document fails the second time, when the user has no download permission in this filing path.
- Booking Panel: The data is not refreshed, when a workflow step is completed and the next document is displayed.
- Some database fields are not correctly translated in French. This will be fixed for new installations only.
Release Notes 8.0.980 (09.08.2018)
- Drivve Jobs 8.0.326: Email Jobs are supporting Microsoft Exchange Webservices (EWS).
- The filing permission "Can edit index fields" has been renamed to "Can update document", because it includes the permission to edit the actual document.
- Although a user has no filing permission to edit a document, the edit button is visible and an error message is shown when the document is downloaded.
- The search option "Search Sub Folders" always includes the sub folders.
- The number icon for clipped documents is not displayed if the internal clip id contains special characters,
- The HTML server may crash if the internal clip id contains certain special characters
- The administrator password cannot be changed in the user management page.
- The previously added URL parameter "entity" does not work for all available search parameters.
- A search with the Url parameter erstellt_am with relative date values does not work correctly.
- Sorting the document list in the space view does sort the current page only.
- Documents containing a "%" within the document name are not displayed in the PDF viewer.
- A space linked to a workflow is unlinked, if a new task is added to the workflow.
Release Notes 8.0.961 (25.07.2018)
- Sharing Urls from Drivve | DM contain a parameter for the entity to which the document belongs. The login is then redirected to the correct entity.
- Sharing Urls now support an additional parameter download_search=true, similar to the existing search parameter. The found documents will be download directly.
- The license check for NFR and Showroom licenses is not correct.
- Layout issue in "Add a document page ".
Release Notes 8.0.955 (20.07.2018)
- After a Drivve | DM update, the workflow license assignment might get lost under certain conditions.
- "Add a document page ": Uploading a file fails under certain conditions.
- After a synchronization of Active Directory users, the user properties might get mixed up under certain conditions.
- Booking panel: After the automatic mapping of the amount from the index panel, the amount displayed in the ledger is not correct. Did affect some UI languages only.
- Improvements of the french localization.
- In the Inbox, the column header icons for notes and workflows are switched.
Drivve | DM update includes an update for Drivve Jobs 8.0.311. This update fixes an issue migrating job schedules from V7 to V8. Please check your job schedules after this update, if you already use Jobs in version 8.
Release Notes 8.0.946 (13.07.2018)
- New option in Service Controller in menu "Tools/Management/Clean up application folder". DM backups, update files, and the logs are deleted.
- Booking Administration: The order of the VAT entries can changed via drag'n drop.
- Annotations in PDF viewer:The action to mark text is kept enabled, until it get actively disabled. This allows marking multiple text areas quickly.
- The number of parallel file uploads in the web browser has been raised from 126 to 256.
- Annotations can be hidden in the PDF viewer.
- Improved preview of MS Office files.
- A date search with a large date range may fail.
- A dashboard item cannot be saved if it contains a search with filing path.
- The preview of emails is not correct for some french characters.
- If a document record is created without a file, this creates an invalid record. A error is returned now, if no file is uploaded.
- "Add a document page ": If you add a file which contains a comma in the name, only the part of the name before the comma is saved.
- The page with the new features of version 8 is shown again, after the personal settings of this user are saved again.
- If the space name is displayed in the workflow list and the space of this workflow is updated, the space name is not shown in the list anymore.
- Updating the space for a workflow is failing under some conditions.
- After removing all rights from a user, the user cannot be saved anymore.
- Creating a text annotation with 128 characters in blocking the cursor.
- After creating a new user, the user is not immediately shown in the inbox selection of the "Add a document" page.
- The license information in the user management page is not localized.
- If a workflow is completed in the document view and the next workflow has no document, the workflow detail view is left.
- If there are two users with the same name but a different login name, the group assignment fro these persons is not correct.
- Creating a user with special character causes an error.
- Adding a new file with no name shows an incorrect error message.
- PDF Viewer: Words marked from a search are still marked after the search filter is closed in the viewer.
- The Journal is refreshed immediately, after an annotation has been saved in a document.
- Copying text in the PDF viewer with IE11 or Firefox adds a line break after each character of the copied text.
Release Notes 8.0.900 (18.06.2018)
- New PDF Document Viewer
- Search in document, if the full text is available for this document.
- Annotations, stamps, signatures, comments and drawings can be added to native PDF documents.
- Stamps and signatures are added to the PDF and create a new document version.
- Digital signatures can be added to PDF documents. A server certificate is required to digitally sign a document.
- Each user may upload a personal signature image.
- Image stamps (jpg, png) or text stamps can be defined.
- Fluent scrolling through document in viewer
- Mark and copy text from within the viewer.
- A permission is required to manage annotations and to add annotations.
- Preview support for CSV and XML files.
- User Defined Dashboard for a quick overview of documents, spaces or workflows.
- Dashboard items with user defined icons.
- Re-arrange dashboard item via drag'n drop.
- Swedish Localization of Drivve | DM
- Guest User License for reading access.
- Guest users may get limited permissions only
- Guest licenses are "named" and must be assigned explicitly to each user.
- Add accounting data at your receipts within Drivve | DM.
- Requires server license for the Drivve | DM Bookkeeper.
- Accounting data can be exported.
- Manual export with new booking exporter tool. Export as CSV or in DATEV ASCII format.
- Job for the automatic export in the DATEV ASCII Format.
- Master data import of ledgers, cost centers, cost units, projects and suppliers possible.
- Separate permissions available for editing the accounting data and release the accounting record.
- Audit Trail for accounting data is provided.
- The Drivve | DM Field Manager is replacing the Management Console.
- Dynamic Selection Lists in Index panel. Values are dynamically retrieved from external ODBC database. (Not available for Drivve | DM cloud)
- Used for quick indexing from external sources.
- The configuration of the SQL query is done in the new field manager tool.
- Based on the selected query result, multiple index fields may be updated by the result set.
- Clipping of documents.
- Clipped Documents can be viewed easily.
- The clipping can be done manually or automatically, e.g. from Drivve | Image or Drivve Jobs.
- Switching Entities without a previous logout possible.
- Download as PDF is possible for all document formats, which can be previewed.
- Export of search results as CSV file.Additional filter options are available.
- A new document can be uploaded via drag'n drop in the web browser.
- Select user or group inbox when uploading a document.
- "Forgot Password" option in login dialog.
- New Drivve | DM mobile App for iOS and Android.
- If the filing path of a document is changed with Drivve Jobs, under some conditions the previous filing shortcut is still shown in Drivve | DM.
- After a user is deleted, its name disappears from the workflow detail view of existing workflows
- The section of edited documents is not refreshed automatically, if the current user is editing another document.
- Column headers in list views jump around, when pulled with the mouse.
- The button "Refresh" is missing in the sections "recently created" and recently viewed".
- The number of available notes is not shown in the list view after a document is selected.
- The space name is not updated in the list view of documents after the space name has been changed.
Previous Drivve | DM Release Notes
In Firefox, the substitute configuration layout in the user management id not correct