Migrate Print Servers with LRS Server Migration Software
Windows® Print Server migration and other print server migrations (i.e., Novell) are often prompted by an upgrade or a change to operating systems such as Windows 2003, Windows XP or Windows 2008. Managing the migration of print queues, print drivers and settings, printer ports, and language monitors is a time-consuming and costly task.
If you have a single location and only a couple of print servers to migrate, using print server migration tools native to the operating systems (Microsoft printer migration tools) may be sufficient. However, if you are like most LRS customers and have tens or hundreds of print servers in many locations running thousands of devices, print server migrations become much, much more challenging.
LRS® software helps our customers to overcome print server and printer migration challenges by:
Migrating, Reducing or Eliminating Print Servers?
LRS' software is the world’s leading output and print management software, enabling you to manage any output, from any platform, in any format, to any destination... all through a standardized IT service layer. Establishing LRS software as the central hub for all document output and storage reduces or eliminates the need for redundant print servers and printer-specific hardware such as barcode and font DIMMs.
By managing all printing with a single instance of LRS software, you also facilitate centralized accounting of documents across your organization. This enables LRS customers to generate audit reports for cost accounting, print reduction and printer consolidation projects.
A recent independent analyst report concluded that customers achieve an 5 year ROI of 492% and a breakeven time of 10 months with LRS software.
- Reduces or eliminates central and branch Windows print servers
- Supports virtualized desktop environments (VMware Horizon, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop and others)
- Supports mobile and tablet printing
- Supports direct IP printing and pull printing
Centralizing Printer Driver Management
LRS software automates the process of installing, configuring, and maintaining print drivers across the entire network landscape. The solution:
- Simplifies print driver install, management, and maintenance through centralized administration and automation
- Enables print queue and driver management for virtualized desktop users and terminals
- Solves printer driver incompatibility issues, thus improving server stability
- Promotes printer vendor independence; easily supports multi-vendor environments
- Is platform independent, supporting Windows and Linux® drivers and providing additional functionality for UNIX, mainframe, and mobile printing across the enterprise
To get a demo of our software or to talk us more about your print server migration fill out the form on the right
How it works
Want to learn more about print server migration? Contact us / request a demo: