Drivve | DM Release Notes Version 9
Drivve | DM from version 9 on can be installed on Windows 64 Bit only.
Windows 32 Bit installations are no longer supported.
Release Notes 9.0.1045 (28.04.2021)
- When rebuilding empty databases, the rebuild process may stop unexpectedly.
Release Notes 9.0.1043 (22.04.2021)
- The xml server port is no longer entered in the firewall during the installation, because the external access should not be made directly to the xml server.
- During the installation, the setting for maximum number of search processes is limited to 10, even if the server has more available cores. Due to the parallel file access of these processes, raising the number to more than 10 may decrease the search performance again.
- The general search for content in ODBC enumeration fields does not return any results.
- Under certain conditions, the html server my not accept any requests anymore, if trace logging is enabled.
- After adding a workflow to a document in the overview list, the document list is not updated and the workflow icon is not displayed.
- After a connection failure to a search process, subsequent errors may occur under certain conditions.
- If the document view is opened within a record, it is possible to jump to the next document only once. After that the action is disabled.
- The xml server does not start with the error message that there is no more free space, although there is still >10TB space.
- The variable names of the display configuration in the ODBC enumeration are case sensitive and no result is shown if the key is not matching due to the casing.
Release Notes 9.0.1016 (12.03.2021)
- In certain cases, if multiple entities are used, filing permissions could have been removed when clicking on a filing element.
Release Notes 9.0.1013 (10.03.2021)
- ServiceController email configuration: A @ within the field "Email Domain" is not allowed and cannot be entered.
- Activating "Enable data type normalization for date, currency..." in the Service Controller, causes an error if you add negative values in a currency field.
Attention: Build 9.0.1009 supports 64Bit metadata files in the database, More details in the release notes below.
Release Notes 9.0.1009 (08.03.2021)
- The database now supports 64bit metadata files. This removes the 4GB limit for index files. Installations that have not yet reached the limit will be updated with the next database reorganization. More information can be found here:
How to enable the Drivve | DM 64-bit database support
- Optimized database indexes for new installations.
- If the database update takes too long when updating from Drivve | DM version 8 to version 9, the database update is aborted and the database keys are then not completely updated.
- If the Drivve | DM installation is switched to SSL access, the base url in the service controller is not updated correctly.
- Certain special characters are not displayed correctly in the browser interface.
- The text filter in the space detail view does not work.
- Under heavy load, the conversion service does not stop in the expected time.
- If the debug log is enabled, the management of large filing structures is very slow.
- Creating a new document version based on a duplicate check configured in the database does not work correctly.
- In certain cases, the filing structure was not loaded correctly and permissions have not been applied correctly
- In certain cases, permission inheritance on filing elements has not been working correctly
Release Notes 9.0.979 (02.02.2021)
- The column widths of the document lists have been optimized for new installations.
- Group names that contain a comma are not allowed.
- Url parameters do not work for all database fields.
- Duplicate rights definitions in the database are cleaned up.
- Mandatory fields are not marked in red in the index panel if mandatory fields are not enforced.
- Under certain conditions, Drivve | DM no longer reacts after opening a document from the dashboard.
- Under certain conditions, the "Save" action is not possible after a document has been opened from the dashboard.
- The action to edit a document and check it back in, are not displayed in the journal.
- A document without a name is not always displayed correctly in full view.
Release Notes 9.0.963 (06.01.2021)
- The document viewer can be opened from a context menu in a new browser tab or browser window.
- A space or workflow can be opened from a context menu in a new browser tab or browser window.
- Invalid values in number fields do not cause strange errors in the DM Browser application.
- If a document name contains invisible newline characters, opening the document in the viewer causes an error.
- Under certain conditions, no new document version can be created.
- Under certain conditions, inherited filing permissions are not applied correctly.
- The action button to empty the trash is not always visible.
- If the email setting for SSL is disabled, the email server may return an error.
Release Notes 9.0.934 (15.12.2020)
- Space index field controls are vertically aligned.
- After creating a new field in the Field Manager, existing Administrator sessions cause an error, if the number of search processes is >0.
Release Notes 9.0.930 (11.12.2020)
- An xml server restart is deleting field content-specific settings in the database. This affects installation only, which have explicit field content-specific definitions in the database.
Release Notes 9.0.915 (27.11.2020)
- If a workflow, which is assigned to a group is claimed, this user is shown in the workflow status.
- The check box "Move out of inbox" is not shown anymore after another index set is displayed.
- After a document is shared publicly, there is no information about the receiver in the journal.
- Some error messages are shown in English only.
- If a workflow is viewed via an Url, it is not displayed, if the current user is not the owner of the current workflow step, although this user has permission to see this workflow.
- If a workflow is created not based on a template, the default reminder date is not valid and the workflow cannot be saved without editing the reminder date.
- The option to remove a clipping from a document is not always visible.
- Rebuilding the audit trail may take very long.
- After sending an email with an EML file as attachment, this causes an invalid file at the receiver.
- A public share with an EML file causes an error.
- After updating from Drivve | DM V8 with Drivve| Image on the same server, starting the xml server after the update may fail under certain conditions.
Release Notes 9.0.895 (23.09.2020)
- Plausibility check for the reminder date of workflows, when creating a workflow template or starting a workflow.
- Configuration option to enforce required fields in index panel of documents and spaces. Up to now they were only marked.
- The help link of the Service Controller points to the new support website.
- Email addresses added by the user in the share function can also be deleted by the user in the selection list.
- The action to unlink a document from a workflow has been added to the audit trail.
- The workflow action buttons are hidden after a stamp is applied to a document within the workflow view.
- After restarting the xml-server it might happen that user-sessions are expired immediately.
- In the definition of text stamps an icon-font is loaded from the internet.
- In rare cases users can not change the filing structure, although they have the rights to do so.
- If saved searches are created in the mobile app, they are visible in the web browser only after restarting the HTML server.
- When viewing old document versions, sometimes only a white page appears.
- The audit trail does not show the entries for "document viewed".
- After creating a new filing path and updating an existing filing shortcut to this filing path, the document permissions may not be evaluated when searching documents by this filing shortcut.
- In rare cases, changing rights or user properties may cause an error during saving.
Release Notes 9.0.861 (21.08.2020)
- Claiming or completing a workflow may take very long, if this workflow is linked to a space, which itself is linked to many workflows. To improve the speed, the linked workflows within a space with be limited the last 500 workflows by default. This setting is configurable in the xml server settings file.
- General performance improvements under high load.
- Under certain conditions, displaying the journal takes very long.
- After leaving a space without making any changes, sporadically the message is shown, that the space has unsaved changes.
Release Notes 9.0.840 (04.08.2020)
- After claiming a workflow with multiple documents. the document viewer always shows the first document after the workflow has been claimed.
- Opening the document viewer while the thumbnail views in the list is still loading, the thumbnails are not available after closing the document viewer again.
- Sending an email with authentication "None" fails.
- In case loading the document full view fails with an error, the viewer cannot be closed afterwards.
- Within a space a maximum of 50 sub spaces are shown.
- The permission to "Download" is required to change index values. although there is an explicit permission for editing index values.
- Under certain conditions the CSV export of search result fails.
- Adding a note in the workflow overview list does not refresh the list of workflow notes.
- Documents without a name are not displayed in the list of public shared documents.
- Temporary journal files are always stored in C:Windows\Temp, instead below the configured database folder.
- Performance improvements under high load and improved user responsiveness.
- If no index fields are defined for creating a new space, the browser shows a warning.
- The url based search supports full text searches now. Example: http://localhost:8081/?search=doc&Fulltext=MySearchText
Release Notes 9.0.782 (17.06.2020)
- The check box "Remove from Inbox" disappears after an index set is applied.
- Under a certain condition, a critical error may occur in very large databases.
- Under a certain condition, the message "Your user session expired" is shown in an endless loop.
- Setting the number search processes to 0 does not restart the xml server.
- Sometimes the button to add workflow notes is not shown after a workflow step is claimed.
- The label to close the share dialog has been changed from "Cancel" to "Done".
- Enhanced log output of the web server logs, if "Trace" logging is enabled in the Service Controller.
Release Notes 9.0.770 (03.06.2020)
- After manually selecting a filing path without shortcut, the index panel cannot be saved, if no other value is change as well.
- The color selection for annotations does not work in Google Chrome.
Release Notes 9.0.765 (01.06.2020)
- Improved scalability for search requests
- Assign multiple CPU cores to scale up the number of parallel search processes. This will raise the throughput on high load systems.
- Immediately trigger field updates, when a workflow step is claimed, completed or cancelled.
- No wait time until the field update is executed
- This will optimize the load and performance on systems which are currently use the Workflow Notification Job to observe these status values.
- Automatic deployment of Java OpenJDK with each Drivve | DM update.
- No system Oracle Java is required anymore.
- User "public" may view and cancel the currently edited documents of all users
- Viewing the dashboard is an explicit permission
- Separate permissions for "Add a workflow step" and "Remove a workflow step".
- The checkbox "Move out of inbox" is visible in all document lists now, if the document is in the inbox.
- The first day of the week can be configured now. This is used in relative date searches like "last week".
- A search for empty date fields is possible.
- Easy clipping: Selected documents in the current list can be clipped quickly.
- A filing structure can be imported from a CSV file. (Field Manager functionality)
- The Active Directory access supports an encrypted LDAPS connection now (NTLM is not yet supported with SSL)
- Printing a document is using the viewers printing feature now. This is exactly printing what you see.
- Enhanced logging of the XmlServer, which provides more information in non-debug mode and uses the standard log formatting now.
- In addition a new log level "Trace" has been introduced, to add even more log information for specific and complex scenarios.
- The inherited filing path permission are displayed more clearly.
- For searches of the type "currency", the search with decimal separator "." is equivalent to ",".
- Retention documents in the trash are not finally deleted if the trash is deleted. They are deleted by the Retention Job when the trash retention is due only.
- Configure the time span for the "Recently created" search in the Drivve | DM Service Controller. This may improve the the initial startup time after login.
- Improved data validation when saving invalid values.
- Improved Workflow sorting.
- The workflow icon in document lists is hidden for non-workflow users.
- Dashboard: The search with Inbox includes substitutes now.
- The user of the current session cannot be deleted in the user management.
- The request timeout can be configured in the server configuration files.
- When scrolling in search results, the column titles and the search page selector stay visible.
- Text stamps may be defined without a border.
- Support for Google Chromebook browser.
- Deleting a space with sub-spaces shows a warning message before deleting.
- Renaming a View still shows the current name in the text box
- The of recently used documents is updated with the following actions:
Download,export,share,print,edit,add notes,clip,creating a workflow,change of index values
- The timestamp of the digital signature is displayed in the blue ribbon within the document viewer.
- The quality of text stamps in the PDF view has been improved.
- Numeric fields without value can be searched in the Browser application.Until now, a 0 was already set.
- Number fields support a search by a range of numbers.
- Currency fields without value can be searched in the Browser application.Until now, a 0.00 was already set.
- Currency fields support a search by a range of currency values.
- Optimized the number of server round-trips when opening the PDF view.
- Copy/Paste a view node.
- Each Drivve | DM Cloud instances must configure their outgoing email server within the administration section.
- Optimize field caching to improve application performance.
- Apply search predicates order for number and currency fields, which has been defined in the field manager.
- Improved encryption of passwords in the web server configuration files.
- Improved french translation to unify wordings.
- CSV export of search results: option to export all result values and not the visible results only.
- Option to disable automatic text extraction for PDF files. This is useful for large databases which do not require full text search
- The Active Directory server can e determined automatically based on the login name of the user.
- The Active Directory connection can be secured with SSL now. (LDAPS)
- The Active Directory connection can be tested.
- A comma is not allowed anymore in the definition of document types and space types.
- No error log, in case the signature image for a user is not found at login time.
- The button to share a Workflow is visible in the Workflow details now.
- A warning is shown is unsaved changes are found when leaving a document, a space or a workflow.
- Improved logout to avoid a delay if many duplicate sessions exist.
- CSV export of search results: The fields for filing path and spaces are not exported.
- Digital signature image tool-tip shows incorrect information.
- Share documents: Share window doesn't fit in the screen if many documents are selected.
- Address book import: Error when uploading empty or invalid csv address book.
- Sorting is applied after resizing columns in result lists.
- If user has no permission "View Notes",the notes icon in list is still visible.
- Remove warning message when user has substitutes and is substitute itself.
- A numeric value of 0 in the database is displayed as 0 in the web browser.
Drivve Jobs Release Notes Version 9:
Drivve Jobs Release Notes Version 9
Drivve | DM Previous Release Notes
Drivve | DM Release Notes Version 8